[cisco-voip] COS on Cisco 3750 - help please

Scott O'Donnell sodonnell at CCSINET.com
Thu Apr 20 17:13:05 EDT 2006

You could use a service policy inbound on the ethernet interface of the
2801 to remark IP Phone traffic to any value AT&T wants.
I would imagine they would be asking for a Layer 3 DSCP value though,
not a layer 2 COS value to be set.
What type of hand off is AT&T providing?

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Group, Russ
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:00 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] COS on Cisco 3750 - help please

Hi all

I'm having a problem with voice quality going over the WAN.  We use a
2801 on each end.  Someone suggested that there might be a issue with
COS.  I thought by default Cisco tags all voice traffic as COS 5.  AT&T
is looking for COS 1.  Am I wrong about Cisco being tagged as COS 5?  If
not, then how do I change the 3750 to tag the voice as COS 1 to match
AT&T?

Thanks

Russ