[cisco-voip] Failover testing

Nick Kassel Nick.Kassel at Charles-Stanley.co.uk
Sat Apr 29 11:42:36 EDT 2006

Hi Wes

I have applied the voice class and set the timmer to 3 seconds but I
still get the same issue, I am unable to find the Run H.225D on Every
Node flag in the gateway configuration does this option still apply on
4.1(3)

________________________________

From: Wes Sisk [mailto:wsisk at cisco.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:19 PM
To: Nick Kassel
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Failover testing

the CM stopped/started test is a big hint.  Sounds like your incoming
circuit is timing out the call before the h323 gateway hunts to an
available CM.

when the server is shut down you must wait for TCP session establish
timeout

when server is up but CM is shut down you get immediate ICMP port
unreachable from CM back to the GW so the GW knows to try the next
available member (usually specified with 'preference' on the voip
dial-peer)

You probably need to decrease the h225 session setup timers in your
gateway confiug:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_c
onfiguration_example09186a0080094852.shtml

You could even turn it down to 1:

h225 timeout tcp establish 1

if CM does not respond in 1 second (depending on your network round trip
time) most likely it is not going to respond at all.

/Wes