[cisco-voip] Initial AA Config Problems with CME

Mark Borchers mborchers at igillc.com
Thu Jun 1 13:19:08 EDT 2006

I'd be grateful for pointers to get AA working in the architecture
described below.

We have a voice T1 coming into a CME (3.3) router at a parent site,
which I'll refer to as CME-main.  Call forwarding is currently
configured and working to allow a remote site, also running CME,
to make inbound and outbound calls on the T1.

I configured AA on CME-remote with unsuccessful results:
- When making an inbound test call to CME-remote, I don't hear the
AA welcome message, nor does the dial-by-extension option work.
- However, I can press the appropriate phone button and access
a hunt group on CME-remote.  These two observations made me think
that the queue service was starting but not the aa service.
- However, when I show application sessions during the test call,
I observe that the aa service *did* start.

Since the T1 terminates on CME-main, I have the dial-peer session
target for the aa service mapped to loopback.  Maybe somebody can
confirm if this is correct.  Any other light anyone can shed based
on a similar architecture would be appreciated.

TIA,
Mark

Relevant config on CME-remote:

application
 service queue flash:app-b-acd-2.1.0.0.tcl
  param queue-len 6
  param aa-hunt1 2201
  param number-of-hunt-grps 1
  param queue-manager-debugs 0
 !
 service aa flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.0.0.tcl
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english location flash:
  param handoff-string aa
  param dial-by-extension-option 2
  param voice-mail 2200
  param welcome-prompt flash:_bacd_enter_dest.au
  param aa-pilot 3299
  param service-name queue
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.0.0.4 255.255.255.255
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.0.0.4
!
!
dial-peer voice 3200 voip
 description RTS IP Phones
 destination-pattern 32..
 session target ipv4:10.0.2.2
!
dial-peer voice 99 voip
 description Outgoing PBX calls to PSTN
 destination-pattern 99...........
 session target ipv4:10.0.2.2
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
!
dial-peer voice 55 voip
 description Outgoing PBX calls
 destination-pattern 5....
 session target ipv4:10.0.2.2
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
!
dial-peer voice 3299 voip
 service aa
 destination-pattern 3299
 session target ipv4:10.0.0.4
 incoming called-number 3299
!
!
!
!
telephony-service
 load 7910 P00403020214
 load 7960-7940 P00305000301
 max-ephones 12
 max-dn 24
 ip source-address 10.0.0.4 port 2000
 auto assign 1 to 3
 create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00
 max-conferences 12 gain -6
 call-forward pattern 9...........
 transfer-system full-consult
 transfer-pattern 32..