[cisco-voip] configure IOS MOH for remote site

Bell, Joe Joe_Bell at adp.com
Thu Jun 1 19:26:44 EDT 2006

Tone on hold tells you CCM is configured in such a way that it does not think MoH is deliverable to the end point, so you get tone.  If you get dead air, your network is not configured to deliver the multicast streams.  Codec will have nothing to do with the inclusion of a phone to the multicast group.  Unless of course the regions settings force the delivery of a g.729 multicast stream and the MoH server is not configured to support that natively.  You cannot transcode a multicast stream, so it must be sourced with the proper codec from the server.  To source a MoH multicast stream in g.729 format:

Go into Service Parameter, select Cisco Voice IP Media Streaming App, scroll to the bottom and highlight both g.711 and g.729 codecs.  Do that with the control key and up date.

Verify CCM is handing out a multicast stream by using PerfMon as well.  With that tool, you can see exactly what CCM thinks it should do.

Hope this helps,

Joe