[cisco-voip] Preventing Hook-flash on ATA-186

Peter Pauly ppauly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:31:46 EDT 2006

We have a lot of ATA-186's (controlled from Call Manager, not SIP) that
are used to play a story to children on a 2500 set. The ATA's are setup
in Call Manager with a special calling search space and translation so
that when they pick up the phone, they get a story played to them from
Unity.

The problem is, that little kiddies (bless their hearts) bang on the
hook or else otherwise play with the phone and manage to get several
calls going at the same time. I can see simultaneous calls going on in
Call Viewer and it eats up the voicemail ports. The story plays for
around 5 minutes, so each port is tied up for that long.

Is there a way to prevent hook-flash on the ATA-186's? There's a setting
in CM called "Maximum Number of Calls" but I beleive that is inbound
calls to the phone.