[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility Conversion

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jun 13 11:41:51 EDT 2006

Don't forget to subscribe your UDPs to the EM service as well or they
won't be able to log out :)

Glad to hear it was painless.

-Ryan

On Jun 13, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Josh Horton wrote:

Just in case someone else has the same question...

Configuring EM for everyone in the organization was not as hard as I had
made it out to be. I simply created User device profiles with the same
extension as the user's phone in the same partition (shared line).

This way, everyone "could" use EM but no one "had" to.

Here are the steps I used:
1) Setup Extension Mobility per Cisco instructions
2) Use Bat to subscribe every phone to Extension Mobility service.
3) Export existing phones using BAT.
4) Use data from exported phones to populate user device profile BAT
template.
5) Import User Device Profiles with BAT.

Josh