[cisco-voip] QoS question

Jay Oq voiprsvp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 11:18:56 EDT 2006

Greetings all, I'm definitely no QoS expert and my Cisco experience is a little above newbie (4 years exp) and I now have a dubious task of VoIP QoS'ing. Anyhow currently I have

interface Serial1/0
description Frame Relay Circuit
no ip address
service-policy Voice
enscapsulation frame-relay IETF
no ip mroute-cache
dsu bandwidth 44210
frame-relay lmi-type ansi

Would it make sense to do the following on that interface for QoS? I'm trying to set up QoS for a DS3 that is split. 20mb is hard linked, 25mb is what I'm pushing to the Internet but it's burstable to a full DS3. I'd like to allocate 75% of that 25mb for strictly voice... The rest for whatever else.

policy-map parent
shape average 18432000
service-policy voippolicy
!
int serial1/0
service-policy output parent

class-map X
match input-interface LAN
class-map class-default
match any
class-map voice
match access-group 101

policy-map VOICEDATA
class voice
priority 19200
Precedence = 5
class data
bandwidth 6400

interface Serial1/0
bandwidth DS3
no ip directed-broadcast
service-policy output VOICEDATA
!
access-list 101 permit ip any any precedence critical

Does that make sense or is there an easier method to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated