[cisco-voip] Video Call Bandwidth

Craig M Staffin CMStaffin at ra.rockwell.com
Wed Jun 21 13:56:45 EDT 2006

Jason currently I have 7985's in the lab and the lowest I would go would be
256k.  Anything lower and it starts to get pretty blocky.

Also take a look at Sony Ipella as they make very good products that are
the same price and far better as far as usability is concerned.

Craig

             "Jason Burwell"
             <BurwellJ at firstch
             arter.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
             cisco-voip-bounce                                          cc
             s at puck.nether.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cisco-voip] Video Call Bandwidth
             06/21/2006 12:41
             PM

Just curious to hear what the lowest bandwidth setting anyone has had luck
with for video calls. I am looking to deploy some 7985s to branch sites but
want to keep a reasonable video quality with the lowest possible bandwidth.
Is there a "drop-off" point? I really think the 384k is more than I'd like
to use since it is equivalent to 16 G729 calls and most branch sites only
have one full T1.

Any advise?

Thanks!
Jason

Jason T. Burwell
Infrastructure/Telecommunications
First Charter Bank
10200 David Taylor Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
ph-704-688-4664
fax-704-688-4901
www.firstcharter.com

which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance upon,
is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from
any computer.