[cisco-voip] OS 2000.4.2 sr7 upgrade

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jun 22 13:04:10 EDT 2006

This is a known bug and SR7 should no longer be on CCO because of it.

CSCse47327 is the bug.

Please unicast me the SR number and I'll check it out.

-Ryan

On Jun 22, 2006, at 12:59 PM, Simon, Bill wrote:

Yesterday I attempted an upgrade on our cluster from 2000.2.7sr4 to
2000.4.2
then applied sr7.

CallManager version is 4.1(2)sr1.  Cluster hardware all around is HP
DL-380
G3 (like MCS-7835 or 7845)

The short story is that after the upgrade and a few hours of frustrating
poor or non-existent phone service, we bailed out to a set of mirrors
taken
the day before.  The main symptom of a sick CM cluster was that on the
subscribers where phones registered, CPU loads upon boot went to 100%
and
stayed there.  CCM.EXE was the process using most of the CPU.  The
high load
caused failed registrations, incredibly slow response times on
phones, VM
and gateway ports registering and then going unregistered, and other
weirdness.

After an hour and a half talking to TAC on a P1 case we were unable
to wait
any longer and had to bail out.

The case is still open and we're hoping to get to the bottom of it
but I'm
putting this out there in case any of you have seen something like this,
have feedback/thoughts, etc.

---
Bill Simon - bills at tns.its.psu.edu - (814) 865-2270
http://tns.its.psu.edu/