[cisco-voip] CallManager Handle Call Routing with PBX interoperability

Alan Su cj.alan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:48:45 EDT 2006

Hi Ryan,

Yes, I've tried to use IOS MGCP gateway and it worked. But it will occupy
the channel between GW-PBX. For example, extension 1315 & 1316 are PBX
analog phone, if I transfer all calls from PBX to GW and then to CCM for
call routing, even those 2 extensions will occupy the channel for in/out
calls. Unless I configure all the analog extensions in PBX and forward
others to GW. However, it'll cause other issues such as when I dialing
1315xxxx for off-net call, the PBX will treat it as 1315 extension. Because
the PBX can be upgraded to IP-based, so I was wondering is there any
solution like SIP-trunk can solve the issue. Thanks a lot ~

Regards,

Alan