[cisco-voip] 7940 7960 wont grab ip from dhcp off switch

Ted Nugent tednugent69 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 23:02:44 EDT 2006

Another Problem I've seen that could be contributing
to this is if you set the access vlan and voice vlan
the same. (I think it's a bug but have not
investigated it).
sw acces vlan 4
sw voice vlan 4
Changing to a different access vlan typically fixes
this. Also mokeying with the DHCP properties have
caused the same problem and simply changing the access
vlan to to something else and changing it back
resolves the problem. You may need to down the sw port
to get this to take.