[cisco-voip] cisco-voip Digest, Vol 40, Issue 128

Chris Ellington chris.ellington at nsi1.com
Mon Jun 26 10:04:14 EDT 2006

>    4. Re: Unified Operations Manager 1.1 - Anyone installedit yet?
>       (Carter, Bill)

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:23:49 -0500
> From: "Carter, Bill" <bcarter at sentinel.com>
> Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Unified Operations Manager 1.1 - Anyone
> installedit yet?
> To: "Ed Leatherman" <ealeatherman at gmail.com>, "Stu Packett"
> <SPackett at fenwick.com>
> Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
>
> I will be installing one the end of August.  I will keep the list
> posted.

I just completed a CUOM install and it's very very very nice.  Make sure you
have LOTS of RAM - 2GB is minimum, 4GB is better.  I've got it running on a
DL320 monitoring 1 cluster of 3 CCMs, 2 Unitys and 2 IPCC 4.0 servers as
well as a 25+ node WAN (and the associated LANs).

VERY VERY VERY nice, particularly for an operations staff to monitor the
network or for a small shop that is overworked already.

chris
--
Christopher S. Ellington
CCIE #6814