[cisco-voip] What causes a Err-disable?

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Tue Jun 27 13:00:05 EDT 2006

Scott,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 01:48:13PM -0700, Voll, Scott wrote:
> What causes a port on a 3560 to go into err-disable?  I know a shut no
> shut fixes it but how can we fix it to not do it at all?

Just to add to the list of possible reasons for a port to go err-disabled:
Cisco IP Phones, when left unpowered and plugged into a non-PoE Switch,
tend to get the port into loopback err-disable instantly. This is probably
due to the old proprietary PoE circuitry beeing interpreted as a loop by
the switch.

--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-