[cisco-voip] CME Questions for Rings.

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Tue Jun 27 13:14:36 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 08:42:55PM -0400, Jim McBurnett wrote:
> The distintive ring tone selection exists in CME 4.. but I have not
> played with it..

AFAIK you don't *require* 4.x for distinctive rings, just the relevant
DistinctiveRingList.xml on the TFTP and a sufficiently new phone firm-
ware. I'm adding this to CMEs since phones started to complain that it's
missing, but I admit I haven't tested whether calls to lines configured
with different rings actually play them correctly...

--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-