[cisco-voip] CME Feature Question

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:55:55 EDT 2006

For those running CME (I guess 4.0 now?)

I'm trying to evaluate some pro's and con's to putting a CME router in a
building here on campus. Specifically, the president of the university has
decided that we will provide his house with VOIP service. With this comes a
long list of 'gotta have' features. I would prefer to put CME in to segment
that situation from the rest of the campus for management purposes, but i'm
concerned that we'll be missing some things -

Specifically, they need:
Call Barge
Shared Line Privacy Toggle
Group Paging - I heard CME can do this
Fast Dials/Personal Address Book (could I point a service on their phone
back to the main campus cluster for this?)
Intercom between any 2 of the twenty phones in the house. This I think is
going to be an ugly PLAR setup to do it how they want, as they want to be
able to see line state of each phone on the other phones.

I can set them up on the campus callmanager system instead and provide most
of these functions, but then I need to figure out how to do paging - looking
at some options here with some third parties. Will probably need to put in
an SRST router anyway, so the CME isnt going to be that much more if we that
route.

Pestering my SE about this also, but i'm interested in other opinions from
folks familiar with CME.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman