[cisco-voip] First Syllable Being Chopped

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Jun 30 17:22:32 EDT 2006

Turn off VAD.

Scott

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Todd Franklin
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 2:17 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] First Syllable Being Chopped

Our Police station has 12 POTS lines which we have routed into a 2801
thru FXOs.
They continue to say that when someone from outside calls in, the first
syllable of each sentence is chopped off by the person calling in.  It
makes it quite difficult for the officers to figure out what someone is
saying sometimes.  They also complained about a "pulsing" noise today,
though I didn't witness that firsthand.

The 2801 is configured as H323, if that matters.

Todd