[cisco-voip] SIP on Cisco 7960

AKN ajt.info at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:48:53 EST 2006

I had SIP firmware 6.1 on my Cisco 7960.
It was working fine and I was able to register to my SIP provider and
make calls.
Last week I tried to upgrade it to 7.5, and it went quite well and was
working fine.

But to get familiar with the booting/initliazation/upgrading process I
downgraded/upgraded it to 6.1 then to 6.3 and then to 7.5.

Suddenly I saw that the phone is not getting registered with my SIP
provider. On capturing packets with Ethereal I found out that once my
phone sends the REGISTER to SIP proxy, the SIP proxy returns 401
unauthorised, but then instead of sending REGISTER again with the
credentials my phone sends REGISTER with same as the first one without
any credentials hence does not get registered. This is repeated all
again and again.

Now I have checked with every firmware from 6.1 to 7.5 but the same
problem persists. Also I have tried many different SIP accounts.

What you people suggest to solve this problem. Do any of you have
encountered same problem before.

Thanks.

ajit.