[cisco-voip] IP Communicator on Dell Laptops

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Tue Mar 21 18:55:50 EST 2006

Anyone get IP Communicator to work on a Dell Inspiron Laptop?  I have a
5150.

Due to a recent weather event I had to work from home for a week with
Cisco VPN and IP Communicator.  On my Inspiron 5150, the audio was
horrible and wouldn't work.  I installed Communicator on my home Compaq
PC and it worked great.  I think the problem is the AC97 soundcard in
the Dells can't handle full-duplex audio.

This email may contain proprietary and confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete all copies. To the extent that opinions are expressed in this message, they are not necessarily the
opinions of Sentinel Technologies or any of its affiliates, employees, directors, officers or shareholders.