[cisco-voip] Connecting Brooktrout TR1034 T1 to a Cisco 6000 T1 VoIP Gateway (WS-6608).

Cisco Subscriber subs-cisco at cbvcollections.com
Thu Mar 23 18:48:48 EST 2006

Disclaimer: Not a T1/Telephony guy at all, but trying to survive... ;-)

I'm looking at connecting a brooktrout TR-1034 T1 card directly to a
free port on our WS-6608 digital T1 gateway.  Can anyone give me
pointers here?  Anyone done this?

*	What sort of cable do I need first of all - standard Cat5 will
do or do I need a t1-crossover?

	*	A t1-crossover is not the same as an Ethernet cross-over
- right?

*	Anyone set this up as either T1 or PRI with any success?

Right now I have red lights on both devices (not my favourite colour),
no link.  Any help would be greatly appreciated..
________________________________

 <http://www.cbvcollections.com/cbvImages/ecardlogo.jpg>

Frank Wakelin
Network Manager

100 - 814 Richards St.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 3A7

Telephone: (604) 661-7906
fwakelin at cbvcollections.com

Confidentiality Warning:
This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipients (cisco-voip at puck.nether.net), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender (mailto:subs-cisco at cbvcollections.com) immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Information Confidentielle:
Le present message, ainsi que tout fichier qui y est joint, est envoye a l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires (cisco-voip at puck.nether.net); il est de nature confidentielle et peut constituer une information privilegiee. Nous avertissons toute personne autre que le destinataire prevu que tout examen, reacheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est strictement interdit. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire prevu, veuillez en aviser immediatement l'expediteur (mailto:subs-cisco at cbvcollections.com) par retour de courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre systeme. Merci