[cisco-voip] Call forwarding applications

Philip Walenta pwalenta at wi.rr.com
Fri Mar 24 09:50:39 EST 2006

A while back I wrote a quick/featureless app to forward non-primary lines on
phones from the phones.

Based on several discussions I've had with various folks, I am now
considering writing one or two improved versions of this app.

Based on some feedback, here are the two I'm considering:

1. "Service button" based - hit the services button on the phone (or URL
button linked directly to the service), select the line (based on what's
available on the phone originating the request), enter the extension/number
to forward to and done.  Unforwarding will work the same way.  App would
check to see if the line selected is already forwarded/not forwarded.

2. "IPCC express" based - call a CTI route point on IPCC, prompt asks for
number to forward to/or unforward.  IPCC server executes request, and gives
feedback for success/no success.  App would check to see if the line
selected is already forwarded/not forwarded.

Any further feedback on these ideas would be greatly appreciated.  If I go
forward with either of these, I'd expect some results in a month or so.

Philip Walenta
email: pwalenta at wi.rr.com
  cell:  262.951.1941