[cisco-voip] Unity External Transcoding

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Mar 28 14:19:38 EST 2006

Was your goal to get Unity using only g.711 or both g.711 and g.729?

-Ryan

On Mar 28, 2006, at 2:16 PM, Pritchard, Jon wrote:

You might be on to something.  Unity VM ports and the transcoder are in
the same device pool/region.  However, one of the tests was to force the
in-region codec to G729 so that even connections from local phones in
the same device pool/region (i.e. host site phones) so everything was
G729.  I'm 99% sure this worked.

I'll recheck/retest after hours tonight.

Jon