[cisco-voip] 7960 PC port

ash AD commo_ssg_31f at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 19:30:06 EST 2006

I know this is probably elementary but, I am having issues getting a 7960 to work with a PC hanging off the phone PC port. I am using CCM 4.1(3)sr2 with the latest firmware device pack loaded (26.3). The phones a hanging from a 3524XL inline power switch. I am able to DHCP IPs from both the voice and access vlans from the switch in phone/PC separate port configuration. I tried two different configurations on the switch ports:

  Interface Fa 0/1
     switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
     switchport mode trunk
     switchport access vlan 5
     switchport voice vlan 90
  (In this mode the DHCPs an IP and works, but the PC never DHCPs an IP)

  Interface Fa 0/1
     switchport mode access
     switchport access vlan 5
     switchport voice vlan 90
  (In this mode the PC DHCPs an IP and works, but the phone does not work)

  Can someone tell me if I am stuck on stupid here? Thanks all!

  Peter