[cisco-voip] 7960 PC port

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Mar 30 20:04:16 EST 2006

on your phone what is 'forwarding delay' set to?  this is intended to
be a basic form of spanning tree that will block packets when the
interface initially comes up.

/Wes

On Mar 30, 2006, at 7:30 PM, ash AD wrote:

I know this is probably elementary but, I am having issues getting a
7960 to work with a PC hanging off the phone PC port. I am using CCM
4.1(3)sr2 with the latest firmware device pack loaded (26.3). The
phones a hanging from a 3524XL inline power switch. I am able to DHCP
IPs from both the voice and access vlans from the switch in phone/PC
separate port configuration. I tried two different configurations on
the switch ports:

Interface Fa 0/1
    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    switchport mode trunk
    switchport access vlan 5
    switchport voice vlan 90
(In this mode the DHCPs an IP and works, but the PC never DHCPs an IP)

Interface Fa 0/1
    switchport mode access
    switchport access vlan 5
    switchport voice vlan 90
(In this mode the PC DHCPs an IP and works, but the phone does not work)

Can someone tell me if I am stuck on stupid here? Thanks all!

Peter

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30
+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.