[cisco-voip] Added memory to a server, now it thinks I've got a 6 Ghz CPU?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Wed Aug 1 11:42:39 EDT 2007

> BIOS is KEE140AUS, which I believe is the most current.
>
> A "regular" 7825 tells me that it has a 3Ghz CPU, system clock of 200Mhz.

Put the same memory into a different system and the CPU stays at 3Ghz
and reflects the new memory.

Put the original 512MB sticks back into the machine that's reporting a
6Ghz CPU, and it's still saying that it's a 6Ghz CPU in POST, but the
IBM BIOS config screen says that it's a 1.4Ghz CPU with a 100Mhz bus.

Sounds like a busted system?