[cisco-voip] voicemail on a huntlist

Erik Erasmus (E) ErasmuE4 at telkom.co.za
Thu Aug 2 08:11:27 EDT 2007

I have a customer with a lot of hunt groups on call manager 4-2. They
complaint that for some hunt lists they have complains where customers
don't get to a person. I think these hunt groups are under staffed and
now want to suggest that they try using a general voicemail mailbox as
a last member. They have unity connection.

It is not clear to me how to implement this. I have done several
normal phones with Unity connection and voicemail works fine. But how
does one get voicemail on a hunt. Does it sit on the hunt pilot?.

The hunt pilot is DN 4455. Do I now create mailbox with extension 4455
and then how do I get the hunt to revert to voicemail after it has
exhausted the hunt group members. Basically in ccm - what do I do. I
also want to know how would multiple people then have access to this
one common mailbox. Does it need to be configured as a special mailbox
on connection and how would they dial the mailbox to clean it out.
When you dial the voicemail pilot normally your extension takes you to
your voicemail. Also - how would message waiting indication then works
or would one not use it and people simply have to randomly dial in a
check for messages.

Any help appreciated

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Telkom SA Limited
e-mail legal notice available at
http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF