[cisco-voip] Need some facts regarding DID's, Enterprise VoIP and LATAs

Pete Fabian pfabian at telesphere.com
Thu Aug 2 21:23:13 EDT 2007

For 911 purposes we use 911Enable.  It's a third party company that we send
all 911 calls to and they send the calls to the correct psap based on
preconfigured addresses that you input during initial configuration.  You
can connect to them via sip trunk or by pstn.  You can tie any number to any
address and the call will be routed to the correct psap.  In some locations
where we can't get DIDs for our customers we even use 800 numbers.  They are
relatively inexpensive compared to bringing in pots lines and adding fxo and
dsps to remote routers

http://www.911enable.com/

pete