[cisco-voip] IPCC usage at remote locations?

Dark Fiber d4rkf1ber at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:07:34 EDT 2007

A few months back I deployed IPCC express internally for our help desk, few
little hiccups and learning curve but got it all working and its been
humming along fine for some time now.

I was just asked to look into what it would take to leverage IPCC at a
remote location that has their own call manager deployment.  Basically its
another company, our management wants to provide on site support people
there to help them out with some big projects I guess.

Connectivity, bandwidth and all is not an issue, plenty of that between the
two.  What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to leverage our
IPCC with their Callmanagers and phones, or if I am just going to have to
deploy phones there that will connect with our callmanagers in order to
leverage IPCC there.

I don't think you can use IPCC servers to connect to different CallManager
clusters since you have to specify in IPCC the JTAPI provider and the CRS
LDAP Server info which in our case points to our primary callmanager.

It would seem the only viable option would probably be to just deploy phones
at the remote site that connect back to our callmanager.

But I know there are plenty of experts out there who have seen and heard
many situations and scenarios and have different ideas on ways to accomplish
things.

Thanks