[cisco-voip] Cisco UC500 for SmallBusiness and Configuration Assistant

Anthony Kouloglou akoul at dataways.gr
Fri Aug 10 09:05:40 EDT 2007

Hi,
i have just gotten my first UC500 with 2BRI ports and i was curious to
see if i could make it work using the configuration assistant!!
Well it sucked! I couldn't make it work for other compand type than
u-law so i have to give the command from the cli. Whatever region i put
in the tab "Device Parameters" of the Telephony/voice menu,  the voice
ports get NO CP-tone or compand type other than US.
Also, it can't configure incoming calls to be routed to AutoAttendant.
In fact, no translation patterns are configured on the voice ports.
Has anyone make it work without using CLI? :-)

And a quiz:
Why using the Configuration ASS(istant)? :-(

Cheers
Anthony