[cisco-voip] Unity without Exchange

Ahmed Elnagar aelnagar at ACT-EG.COM
Tue Aug 14 08:01:18 EDT 2007

One more question.

Does cisco supply the Exchange CDs with the Unity CDs ??

________________________________

From: Erik Erasmus (E) [mailto:ErasmuE4 at telkom.co.za]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:08 PM
To: Ahmed Elnagar; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Unity without Exchange

Yes - Unity is a bit of a mess as far as I am concerned when it comes to
the effort it takes just to get basic voicemail. In situations like this
you are better of installing Unity connection - does the same and is a
single application.

If you have to use unity - yes - you can install it as on its own
Exchange Island and in its own little domain not integrated with
anything else - But completely without exchange you can not as far as I
know because it uses some of the exchange elements. Not a major problem
- you don't really ahev to configure exchange full like you would do in
an exchage email deployment

I have a doc with summary steps explaining how to do it - will mail to
you - need to go and search for it first

Erik erasmus