[cisco-voip] CM6 CallManager service will not stay running

Ted Nugent tednugent69 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 22:19:36 EDT 2007

Hey Guys
I've got a FRESH install of CM 6.01 which I've
attempted on both VMWare and a legitimate MCS and both
are reacting the same way. After the install is
complete I go to activate the "default" services and
the CM service runs for about 30 seconds and bombs all
other services remain running fine. I've read that
this is expected behavior on an upgrade however this
is a fresh install from the ground up so it SHOULD use
the "starter license"?? What am I missing? Any one
else run into this?

>From 6.01 Release Notes:
Starter Licenses
Cisco Unified Communications Manager comes
preinstalled with starter licenses, so a file upload
is not required. Starter licenses have no expiration
date and are available in limited quantities. Be aware
that starter licenses are only available for fresh
installations; they are not available for upgrades or
migrations from previous releases. Starter licenses
support only one Cisco Unified Communications Manager
node and up to 50 device license units.

Thanks
Ted