[cisco-voip] H323 gateway question/problem

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:19:23 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm pretty rusty on my H.323 gateways and dial peers etc, running into a
problem with a configuration in my lab that i'm hoping to use this Fall for
a project - was hoping someone might have an idea.

Goal here is to have a router with CME setup for "SRST Mode" and a number of
POTS lines in from pstn. Phones normally registered to callmanager (version
4.2 in my lab). During normal operation, if any of those lines ring, it
should just connect to call manager and ring a shared line appearance on X
number of phones at the location (probably about 8). During SRST operation,
essentially I want to do the same thing - using overlays etc.

I have the CME up and seems to work OK. The problem I have is during normal
operation. Any 1 line can ring in and it gets sent to call manager and the
correct line rings on all phones. Any other line that rings in after that
appears to get sent to call manager, the line rings once, and then the call
drops. It seems to me that perhaps something in the feature negotiation
phase is failing, since the call rings out once before failing. I dont have
any CAC setup, and its all using G.711ulaw. I don't know enough about H323
to know where to look next though - nothing in the debugs I looked at jumped
out at me as an error.

I did watch the debug for dial-peer matching and it looks to be matching my
dial-peer out to CCM before it matches the ephone-dn dial peers

router is basically setup like this:

voice-port 0/0/0
 connection plar 37111
voice-port 0/0/1
 connection plar 37111
voice-port 0/0/2
 connection plar 37111
!
dial-peer voice 100 voip
 destination-pattern 37111$
 session target ipv4:10.182.140.10  ! Call Manager 4.2
 no vad
 codec g711ulaw
!

I found that if I dont put the end of string marker in my destination
pattern, it likes to match the ephone-dn's before it matches the callmanager
dial-peer.

Thanks!
--
Ed Leatherman