[cisco-voip] Sanity check for changing passwords on the call manager 4.1.3

param singh paramds at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:01:49 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have to change the windows administrator password as well as the web
password for my customer's call manager.

Following are the steps I am going to follow. Please let me know if this
should work for me or I should do something different.

This is 4.1(3) call manager and 4.0(4) IPCC.

CHANGING PASSWORDS ON CALL MANAGER

   1. Windows Administrator Passwords on Call manager :

*Note: *The Administrator account serves as the default Windows NT
administration account. Cisco CallManager does not use this password.

Use any of these methods :

   - Choose *Start *> *Program Files *> *Administrative Tools *> *Computer
   Management *> *Users*, select *Administrator Account *and right click
   *Set Password*.

   - The Windows Administrator account password is a login password into
   the physical server. You can change the Windows Administrator password when
   you press *Ctrl+Alt+Delete *and click on *Change Password*.

It is necessary to reboot the cluster after you change the passwords in
order to remove any potential problems with Windows password caching.

   1. Changing CCMAdministrator Password on the call manager :

 Since MLA is enabled on the call manager.

 Disable MLA and re-enable MLA. Once you do this , it is going to ask for
the new password.  After this is done, restart the IIS on all the servers.

I guess this should do it. Also do I need to run "CCMPwdchanger" or this
should be enough. I don't have to change Directory Manager , CCMSysuser
accounts. Any Ideas.

Thanks
Param