[cisco-voip] problem with phone getting DHCP address from voicevlan

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:38:50 EDT 2007

lelio.

make sure that whatever server is the DHCP server for your DATA vlan
does not have the command below applied to the switchport:

 switchport voice vlan 3104

If the data DHCP server has this command it may be incorrectly
responding to DHCP broadcasts.  Some NIC's in some servers don't work
properly with dot1q tags and may respond to the request.

Justin