[cisco-voip] No MWI - QSIG trunk between CCM and Avaya S8700 with Unity VM

Brian bms314 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:17:00 EDT 2007

We have an environment with CCM 5.1(2)b and an Avaya S8700 connected via
QSIG PRI's.  We would like to convert some of the Avaya sets to a Unity
voicemail box.  I have successfully been able to leave and retrieve
voicemail's on the Avaya phones that have a Unity VM.  However, I am unable
to get MWI to work.  In the Avaya world, *50XXXX turns on MWI and #50XXXX
turns it off.  I've created route patterns to point to the Avaya, but can
not get the MWI to light.

Does anyone have a similar environment where this is working?

Thanks,
Brian