[cisco-voip] Call redirection using alias command in event of WAN failure

Nasses, Gus gnasses at tcfbank.com
Thu Aug 23 10:45:06 EDT 2007

Hello List,

I am looking to setup a call redirection for inbound DID survivability in a
office with remote VoIP gateway using the alias command, and previous testing
did not seem to work.

I have office A with a PRI full of DIDs terminating at a 2821 and WAN
connection to Office B (head site) where the call Managers live. Office A
phones register to CM at office B. Office C also has a WAN to Office B and
registers its phones there. Office C gets its DIDs from the PRI at Office A.
This all works fine, but we want to eliminate any busy tones if WAN links die
during office hours. If office C loses its WAN, then calls will go to unity
from the CM at Office B or can be redirected from there, which is fine.

Problem is, If Office A loses its WAN, SRST kicks in and they can still
receive calls, but then the DIDs for Office C go to busy. We want to redirect
these DID calls to another extension at Office A until the WAN comes back up,
so the calls can be answered by another user.  Here is how we had it
configured (on the Office A 2821) and it did not seem to work. (1000 and 1002
are extensions at Office A, and 1008-1012 are extensions at Office C)

call-manager-fallback

 timeouts interdigit 3

 ip source-address 172.21.1.1 port 2000 strict-match

 max-ephones 144

 max-dn 288

 default-destination 1000

 access-code pri 9 direct-inward-dial

 alias 1 1008 to 1002

 alias 1 1009 to 1000

 alias 1 1010 to 1000

 alias 1 1012 to 1002

Is there something else I am missing? Do I need to somehow tell the SRST
config something more about the inbound DIDs since it has lost connection to
CM?

TIA,

Gus Nasses

gnasses at yahoo.com