[cisco-voip] VPN Connects to destination network, but can't ping, telnet, or connect to servers...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 01:28:59 EDT 2007

So, I have a customer I support, I can VPN into their network (Cisco
VPN client, Cisco 3030 VPN Concentrator), but once I connect, I can't
do anything, can't telnet, can't ping, can't connect to shares,
nothing...

However, if I bypass my firewall (ASA 5520), and connect directly to
the internet, I can VPN in and everything works...

I have noticed this a bunch of times, with a lot of customers.

Why does this happen?

Jonathan