[cisco-voip] Voicemail Indicator Light not Shutting off

Robert Singleton rsingleton at morsco.com
Wed Aug 29 11:18:15 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 09:45 -0500, billy keller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was an email outage yesterday at my office due to the exchange
> datastore unexpectedly filling up, and this obviously impacted our
> ability to retrieve voicemail messages.  Exchange was restored,
> however the message indicator lights on all of our phones will not
> turn off.  Is there a global fix for this?

Not sure about global fix, but there is a tool to resynchronize MWI,
assuming Exchange has their current state. BTW, this resynch process
probably ran overnight, so if the lights are not correct now, this may
not help.

Run the Integration Manager and most systems will have an integration
called "Cisco CallManager Integration". Look at the properties tab for
this integration and there is a setting for MWI synchronization time and
a button to "Resynchronize Now". It will take a little while if you have
a lot of phones.

Robert