[cisco-voip] Unity 5 upgrading from Unity 4

Johnson, Ken kenjohnson at letu.edu
Wed Aug 29 16:30:43 EDT 2007

No - I wish it was a PRI but they stopped support for purchasing the PRI
cards (as far as I could tell) before we upgraded our hardware last year
- it's still on pots lines into a Dialogic D/120JCT-LS.

(This is a split system with unity serving the administrative
callmanager cluster and our legacy NEAX serving our residence halls.

I don't know that I'd ever considered converting those lines in an
external gateway - admittedly we haven't revisited the preferred method
for connecting legacy systems to Unity since we originally deployed in
2001 :-/  I might need to read up more on non-Dialogic options for
pulling that off it sounds like and move to something a little more
standard :-)

Ken Johnson
   Mgr. Network Services,
   Information Technology