[cisco-voip] CM6 - super copy breaks source phone

Brian Van Benschoten Brian.VanBenschoten at inacom.com
Thu Aug 30 11:33:50 EDT 2007

Anyone run into this issue yet ?  I opened a TAC case # 60674145

CM 6.01a

System version: 6.0.1.2000-3

Using the new "super copy" feature to quickly create a phone.

The feature creates a working "target" handset but breaks the source
handset used in the copy feature.

Calls to the extension of the source handset ring fast busy.  I added
the extension of the source phone to another device as a shared
extension and same result.  It appears to effect the directory number
not the device.

Usage of the super copy....

I find phone with extension 5555 in the device list, on the far right
select "super copy" supply a new MAC address. change the DN, and other
unique features and save it.

The new phone works, the original phone that was copied rings fast busy.

A reboot of CM seems to fix the source phone.

Brian Van Benschoten

Practice Leader - Unified Communications

Consulting Engineer - CCIE # 5421

Inacom Information Systems

3001 West Beltline Highway

Madison, WI  53713  USA