[cisco-voip] DIDs / ELINs for use in CER ?

Dark Fiber d4rkf1ber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:33:22 EDT 2007

Is it common practice for telco service providers to offer more
detailed location information then just the address if you request it?

I am running into a bunch of walls in getting this requested.

For instance, if I identify I have 10 locations I want to specify and
I want two DID's for each location then I would ask for 20 DID's, but
they just want to associated these 20 DID's to one location, and one
BTN and say they have no way to provide more detailed info for the
location so say like Floor 1 or Floor 2.

Not to mention the fact that some of these DID's are suppose to be for
different physical locations all together.  And then on top of that is
the issue I mentioned earlier where they only send the BTN and don't
honor our calling info.

Is there something specific you have to ask for?  Maybe its a
different service that I have to ask for then just asking for new
DID's on a PRI?

Anyway, some of you would mind sharing some info with me such as what
did you have to ask for, maybe the telco or service providers name and
what the service is called if it has a specific name, I would greatly
appreciate the info.

I didn't think this was going to be the hardest part of setting all
this up to be honest.