[cisco-voip] Shared Lines in 4.2.3?

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com
Fri Aug 31 11:33:56 EDT 2007

CM 4.1.3.    Did you mean Sharon dial from 4000 and not 4001?   In my case
this will only be an inbound line for many people so the chime would not
be an issue.   There has to be a way to disable that.

"Jason Aarons \(US\)" <jason.aarons at us.didata.com>
08/31/2007 11:27 AM

<CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com>, <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
cc

Subject
Shared Lines in 4.2.3?

Carlos, what version of CallManager are you running? I’m not sure about
the limit, but I am seeing something new in 4.2.3 with shared lines, have
you seen this? I’ve set up shared lines before in 4.1.3, this seems new.
If any of the 60 make a call your phone will chime and the display will
show whom they are calling! This could drive someone nuts!

Randy Manager – Line1 – 4000 (shared)

Sharon Receptionist – Line 1 - 4001
Sharon Receptionist – Line14 – 4000 (shared)

Elizabeth Employee – Line1 – 6600

If Sharon uses 4001 to dial 6600 then Randy’s 7961 main display (same area
as You have Voicemail) shows “Sharon > Elizabeth” and makes a chime.  Any
way to disabled this feature system wide service parameter?