[cisco-voip] Intl Calls with Verizon in Philadelphia area

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com
Fri Aug 31 14:26:48 EDT 2007

So when the calls exit what are they marked as?   What LEC was it?

Carlos

Ted Nugent <tednugent69 at yahoo.com>
08/31/2007 01:15 PM

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com, cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
cc

Subject
Re: [cisco-voip] Intl Calls with Verizon in Philadelphia area

I had similar issues a few weeks back with an H323
gateway and tried leaving plan type as is (defaulting
to international like yours) and just striping the 011
and for whatever reason I was still getting the error.
Eventually I ended up using translation profiles to
change the plan and that worked.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^9011/ /011/ type any national plan any isdn
!
voice translation-profile pstn-out
 translate called 1
!
dial-peer voice 30 pots
 translation-profile outgoing pstn-out
 destination-pattern 9011T
 port 0/0/0:23
 forward-digits all

--- CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com wrote:

> I am not able to send International calls through
> our PRI's at a location
> outside of Philly.  Local and LD work fine.  debugs
> at the router show the
> number being sent to the telco are fine.
>
> Debug ISDN q931
>
> Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '215664XXXX'
>                 Plan:ISDN, Type:National
>         Called Party Number i = 0x91,
> '011448458787000'
>
> I found a CCO TAC case where this exact problem is
> described and addressed
> by changing the calling plan type from national to
> unknown using the
> following command under the D channel interface.
>
> isdn map address .* plan isdn type unknown
>
> This did in fact change the plan type but I was
> unable to complete local,
> LD and Intl after adding this.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Carlos

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all
the tools to get online.