[cisco-voip] 4.1(3) to 5.X Appliance Servers

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:05:59 EST 2007

But there is no way to apply a DMA to an already built CCM5 box... AFAIK...

Actually, what we did was we got new servers for CCM5 (the old ones sucked a
lot), and we installed CCM4.1(3)sr3b on one of them.

We then restored our backup to it and ran DMA on that server, got the file
and offloaded it to an FTP server.

We then blew the box away with CCM5.0(4), restored the DMA during the
install, got it licensed (easy as hell), and upgraded it to 5.1(1).

We then played with it for a few days, made sure everything migrated
correctly (it did), all the while still running 4.1 live...

Then, in a flash (actually one night), we changed the DHCP scope to point to
the new Pub (we also built the two subs during this period), and we changed
the call agent on the MGCP gateways.

Once we were sure the gateways were up and registered, we started rebooting
phones and making test calls... everything worked fine.

We killed the old system a few days later.

So, we never ran DMA on the live CCM pub...

Jonathan