[cisco-voip] MLA Access

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Jan 12 18:04:24 EST 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6524/products_data_sheet0900aecd80
313abd.html

no active directory

Scott

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Dan Cavanaugh
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 7:04 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] MLA Access

Cisco has a new product releasing in 2-3 months.  Cisco initially
released the Cisco Voice Provisioning Tool.  This product was nice
because it allowed an administrator to fill in a single web form (based
on a template you create) to create a CallManager phone configuration, a
CallManager user account, and a Unity subscriber acount all at one time.
Huge time saver!  The one thing this product doesn't do...... restrict
access to certain partitions, calling search spaces, device pools, etc.
Cisco's new product (probably called Cisco Unified Voice Provisioning
Tool) is supposed to include all of this security.  What this means to
me is distributed management of a centralized design.  Awesome!  This
would allow you to delegate administration duties down to the local
admin at an SRST site.  The most he could ever do is blow up that (1)
single SRST site, given the proper access.