[cisco-voip] CM Publisher High CPU utilization, DCX500.EXE

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Mon Jan 22 14:33:41 EST 2007

I have a CM 4.1(3) 5 server cluster with 1300 users, 1500 devices.  No
devices are homed to Publisher.  Publisher CPU is getting pegged between
70% and 96% for about an hour straight.  DCX500.EXE is using most of the
CPU time.  So it appears DC Directory is working really hard.  On the
Publishers Event Viewer I received the following message 4 times but not
necessarily while the CPU is pegged.

Source: DCDirectory
Category: Resource Monitoring
Event ID: 8255

(DSA UNKNOWN(14) Proc 1735, Sev 12)
           The Least Recently Used CCB (in the DA cache) is still
locked,
           so we are allocating a new one from buddy memory. This is
just
           an indication that the DA is under stress, and no
intervention
           is required.
             Volume Number:              21
             Last CCB Block Number:      108