[cisco-voip] Same server recovery

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:23:06 EST 2007

I'm putting together a disaster recovery plan for a customer who's running
CCM 3.3(3).  I did a reinstall and restore on lab equipment successfully but
I seem to be missing the point of the Same server recovery option.  What
advantage does that option give opposed to doing a new install and restoring
the backup? Or is that option only intended for use in upgrades (If I
remember way back I think it was used as part of the infamous 3.2 to
3.3upgrade).

I tried using the same server recovery option during my testing and when I
started the CCM installer it recognized that fact but gave me
DBNAME.inierror.  I couldn't find such a file anywhere (I expected it
to be on the D
partition) so I'm not sure what it was looking for.

Any insight would be appreciated

--
kris seraphine