[cisco-voip] FXO/FXS

Jorge Evangelista netsecuredata at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:37:21 EDT 2007

Hi, it depends of PBX,  I think that if you have FXS free ports in the
PBX of your Main Office and have FXO free ports in your PBXs of remote
offices you can use them for make a similar trunk. You can configure a
FXO free port in a PBX remote office and forward call to anexo for
example to a recepcionist, or other anexo. I suggest that you use in
them main office FXS cards (connected to anex ports, FXS in your PBX)
and for remote offices FXO cards (for connect to FXS ports in your
PBX).

On 6/29/07, Paul Choi <asobihoudai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think the first order of business would be to find
> what sort of signaling the PBXs ARE using if they're
> not using E&M.
>
> --- SAUD HASSAN <hassansaud at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I need a solution for simple conectivity.
> >
> > I have three offices in three diffrent cities and i
> > want to conect them for
> > voice and video calls.these offices will be conected
> > with each other through
> > VPN (Internet Bandwidth on DSL).PBX are of dirrent
> > vendors and dont have E&M
> > Port in it.each office should be able to dial the
> > Extension in each office.
> >
> > Office1 Telephone --> PBX --> Router1-->VPN(Over
> > Internet)--->Router2-->PBX-->Office2 Telephone
> >
> > can any one sugguest me which cards should i use FXS
> > or FXO.or any other
> > possibilities.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Saud Hassan