[cisco-voip] Peer to peer firmware sharing. Yay!

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Jul 2 10:31:07 EDT 2007

As with any feature it has to be supported on both the phone and the
CallManager.  8.3(1) appears to be where support on the phone side is
introduced.  The feature is definitely in 6.0 and I suspect it is in
3.3(5)ES65 and 4.2(3)ES37 (and later).    I think it was added with
CSCsj33336 and if so it will also be in the 4.1(3) ES released this
week.   The notes in the bug aren't very clear though so until I can
load it on a server and see I can't say for sure.

-Ryan

On Jul 2, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

Nick Kassel wrote:
> Is this going to be just for Call Manager 6.0 though as there is no
> option in CUCM 4.1 or 5.1 for Peer Firmware Sharing in the Phone
> configuration.

Read ccmppid.readme.txt - it's also an option for CM 4.x