[cisco-voip] CCM 5 and Exchange 12

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jul 3 09:06:52 EDT 2007

Remember regions set the codec between the sites, and it is only the
max codec at that.  If calls come from a device that only supports g.
729 even if the region is set to g.711 since g.729 uses less
bandwidth than g.711 the call will use g.729.

You need to look at the region both devices are in (vm port/trunk and
calling phone) and check the codec between the two.

-Ryan