[cisco-voip] fax suggestions

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:49:47 EDT 2007

the ata-186 seem to work OK for anything but the super-g3 fax machines. We
have probably 30 ATA's out for faxing and I have only run into a problem
with one of them so far.

we VG248's at 2 sites, one site hasn't reported any problems. the other is
having all kinds of problems right now, its a nightmare. i wish they would
move to an efax type solution. I can't blame the 248's (yet), could be
wiring or networking problems.

i've also got some 224's out at a regional campus, they seem to be working
OK with fax machines out there, no super g3 machines though that I know of.

Personally I would like to see people move to some sort of efax solution
like Steve said... seems like a lot of voodoo getting everything to work.

On 7/3/07, Curt Shaffer <cshaffer at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Just wondering what everyone out there finds as the best method for
> reliable faxing. Are you using FXS/FXO cards or something like the Cisco
> ATA-186-I2 Analog VOIP Adapters?
>

> Thanks
>

> Curt

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations